It’s been awhile since I last updated! I have been putting in a lot of overtime recently to finish up all my work so I can relax during the holiday season, but I’m well otherwise. Many thanks for all the well wishes to me and my Aunt! We appreciate it a lot! My Aunt was especially touched that mere strangers she’d never met in her life would ask after her and offer all sorts of healthy recipes and tips! Emotional health is very important for cancer patients, so your care and concern means very much to us. Once again, thank you very much!

Today, I’m sharing a healthy recipe from one of my readers. Christmas is a time for eating (delicious but unhealthy food), drinking (alcohol) and merry making (doing all kinds of fun but tiring stuff). Unfortunately, this means that cancer patients miss out on a lot of holiday fun due to their poor physical condition.

Traditional Christmas dinners especially are heavy and not suitable for cancer patients, who should keep their diets simple, healthy with not too much seasoning. I was delighted to learn about this recipe that is not only nutritious and light but also very tasty! It’s very simple to make too. My Aunt loves it!

Ingredients: Egg 200g, Black fungus 250g (water expanded)

Seasoning: Onion 10g, Coriander 12g, Salt 5g, Sesame Oil 2g

1. Rinse the black fungus in clean water. Set fungus in a dry bowl for later use.
2. Crack the eggs into a bowl and into an even mixture. Set aside for later use.
3. Prepare wok for frying. Heat up wok and add a little vegetable oil. Pour the eggs in and fry. Set aside.
4. Fry the fungus in the same wok, adding more oil if necessary. After fungus has softened and emits fragrance, add the fried egg, followed by all the seasoning.

And that’s it! Simple, isn't it? :)


This entry was posted on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: